Irish Fraud

Where members can post anything unrelated to the fight against spam.

Irish Fraud

Postby Red Dwarf » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Top of the morning to you.

We in the fraud development group are not quite sure about this fraud scam thing. So what we would like you to do is to save us all a lot of time and just give us your name, bank account number and your password and we will take it from there.

That saved us all a lot bother now didn't it?
Red Dwarf
You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss!

Re: Irish Fraud

Postby AlphaCentauri » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Doesn't look too authentic to me. I think if it were really Irish, it would have taken a few detours before getting to the point:

Top of the morning to you!

Have you heard about all this internet fraud? Well, let me tell you. My sister got an email just last week from some prince in Nigeria! His father had died in a plane crash and the money was tied up in the courts. I know all about that, myself, you know. When my grandmother died, she'd hid the will in a very safe place. We turned the house upside down looking for it so we could settle her estate. Meanwhile the landlord wanted to rent the place to someone else. Those landlords don't know what a blessing it is to have a tenant like my grandmother. What a saint she was, and when I say saint, not a truer word was spoken. When someone was down on his luck, she would give him her pocket change, then run home and bake him a cake, too. She's just the sort of person who would have given me her bank account number and password to make sure I would put some change in the collection plate at church on Sunday, to keep her in the Lord's good graces if she couldn't make it in person. I would be willing to do that for you too, you know, just send me the account number and password and I'll take care of everything.
AlphaCentauri

Postby NotBuyingIt » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Was that blarney or was it malarkey? :?
NotBuyingIt
Spammer Killing Machine

Postby AlphaCentauri » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:43 am

NotBuyingIt wrote:Was that blarney or was it malarkey? :?

The Irish are famous for giving directions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KecnV84PshM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5rjZ709gsc
AlphaCentauri

Return to Unrelated to Spam