Is Twitter Rendered Obsolete By Google+?

Where members can post anything unrelated to the fight against spam.

Is Twitter Rendered Obsolete By Google+?

Postby meep » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:34 pm

I personally have no idea how Google+ will affect which over currently popular social networking website, but this could be food for thought. :?

Slashdot: Is Twitter Rendered Obsolete By Google+?

suraj.sun writes with a ComputerWorld piece predicting the end of Twitter, at least in its current form. From the article: "It's only a matter of time before Twitter becomes a ghost town. While Google+ will soon do all the things Twitter does, Twitter can't support a long list of the things Google+ supports. Also on Google+, you can post pictures and videos directly in posts, launch immediately into a video chat, send your posts to nonmembers and even present all your posts marked 'Public' as a blog available to anyone with an Internet."
meep
Spammers' Nightmare

Re: Is Twitter Rendered Obsolete By Google+?

Postby NotBuyingIt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 pm

meep wrote:I personally have no idea how Google+ will affect which over currently popular social networking website, but this could be food for thought. :?
With Twitter, one sends a "tweet"; with Google+ what? Does one send a "goose"?
NotBuyingIt
Spammer Killing Machine

Postby AlphaCentauri » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:03 am

NotBuyingIt wrote:With Twitter, one sends a "tweet"; with Google+ what? Does one send a "goose"?

LOL!

Seriously, I've never seen much point in Twitter. When people are following hundreds of other people, it simply isn't possible to read all the tweets. It's clear everyone is tweeting, but few are reading. With Google+, you can conceivable set up circles so the feeds will be limited enough that no messages drop off the bottom unread, and people you're not that interested in can all go in their own circle. (It's starting to sound rather Dante-esque, isn't it?)
AlphaCentauri
You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss!

Postby NotBuyingIt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:17 am

AlphaCentauri wrote:With Google+, you can conceivable set up circles so the feeds will be limited enough that no messages drop off the bottom unread, and people you're not that interested in can all go in their own circle. (It's starting to sound rather Dante-esque, isn't it?)
Dante-esque? I have heard that you Blue Frogs are well-known in the "give 'em Hell" department. :silthumb:

Return to Unrelated to Spam