PASTEBIN / CANADA HEALTH CARE MALL SCAM / ANONYMOUS

Any research, news or information regarding the wide variety of techniques criminals use to take over your computers or web servers.

Re: PASTEBIN / CANADA HEALTH CARE MALL SCAM / ANONYMOUS

Postby INTERPOLATOR » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:05 am

Oh, well, I've now got "MY" spam cut down to only two or three a day.
JC
INTERPOLATOR
Getting started

Postby INTERPOLATOR » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:16 am

Here with example of last one received. Note that "I" receive this email at "INTERPOLATOR," although it has been [apparently] addressed to: "JENKINS....." [note the website address therein]

----- Original Message -----
To: jenkins1089@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 1:04 PM
Subject: OurGiaintAutmunnSalesEveent!YourrFavvoritePrduoctsAttLowwestPrriiceEver Anybody can forget a necessary thing.

WhenTheWetaherLeavvesMuchToBeDesiiredYourHealthSufffersAsWelll

http://www.rafaanallese.com/

balusters, descended a little way from the edge of the balcony, and
Pyrenean mountains and the Alps, lived there a considerable time,
and of wisdom, that stand at the corners

Edited by moderator
INTERPOLATOR
Getting started

Postby Nodus » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Please read once again what AlphaCentauri wrote a few posts back. In a nutshell, there are different types of spam:

• The ones that promote a web site (like the one in your example). Email addresses in those are practically always fake, and there's no need or even sense to report those. It's more useful to target the web site domains promoted.
  • The ones that specifically expect an email response from the victim. They don't promote a web site, they only tell you their email address. That must be a real address, otherwise their scam would fail. This is often referred to as "419" or "Nigerian" scam, and this is the type many here are reporting.
I can see you are an eager spam fighter, which is good, but there's no need to rush. Just relax and give yourself time to gather more knowledge about these things. Many of us have been fighting spam for several years, and most of the time we know what we are doing. Reporting 419 email addresses is one of such things. It's not that we don't need to learn new things all the time, and you are welcome to share information, but you also need to realize when you are corrected.

And once again, please, don't post live links to criminal sites.
Arf, she said
Nodus
Spammer Obliterator

Postby AlphaCentauri » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Nodus wrote:Please read once again what AlphaCentauri wrote a few posts back. ...

please, don't post live links to criminal sites.

I would like to highlight that :evil:

Also, cc's on spams you receive are usually innocent victims, so it's poor form to post their email addresses in public.

Nodus is right; you're posting a large volume of material that is poorly explained and not useful. It would be a good idea to spend time reading instead of posting so you aren't mistaken for a troll and banned.
AlphaCentauri
You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss!

Previous

Return to Botnets, Hijacks and Hacking