419 Scams posted on my forum

Any information or research into the rampant "Nigerian Scam" messages.

419 Scams posted on my forum

Postby issviews » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi all,

First off, If anyone wants to grab details to gather further information on the 419 scammers that have been hitting my missus inbox, I have posted the phishs she received upto now, on my forum complete with message headers. More will be added as to this thread as we get them. Am sure this will be handy for those who wish to get 2nd email addresses etc off the parasite scammers.

The 419 scams have their own thread and can be found here: http://issviews.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=79

Regards
IssViews
issviews

Re: 419 Scams posted on my forum

Postby AlphaCentauri » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi, welcome issviews!

If you want to cause pain for your 419 spammers, there is an entire subforum at thescambaiter.com for people to post their "extra" 419 spam. Some baiters are behind strong spam filters and actually have difficulty getting some material to have fun with:
http://thescambaiter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13
AlphaCentauri
You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss!

Postby issviews » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks for the link although I am not that interested in chasing them down or being a pain to 419 scammers. Am sure others will delight in this area which is why I posted the full message with headers on my forum.

As for those vermin and other parasites who are behind internet crime, that is another story.

I grow weary of the ever increasing numbers of internet threats and the people who venture to the dark side. I can forsee the Internet kill switch being used in the next 20 years because crime will dominate this more than good content unless countries start to deal with these people more ruthlessly. Soap Box away ;)
issviews

Postby AlphaCentauri » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 am

Mubarak tried the Internet Kill Switch and you see what happened to him.

More likely, the defacto isolation of the hosts and countries hosting the open proxies used by criminals will lead to pressure on their governments by the legitimate business community. I'm sure that's what's happening in Russia -- real businesses can't operate if the rest of the world won't accept their internet traffic. The tax-to-graft ratio falls too low for government officials to continue to allow criminals to define their country.

But remember that countries like the US, where high speed internet is available to people who have no idea how to do anything with their computers besides "click on the big blue 'e'", are numerically the largest source of criminal activity because they don't even know their computers are infected.

We all used to worry about nuclear annihilation. Now our greatest fear seems to be losing our internet connection. That's probably a good sign overall.
AlphaCentauri

Postby meep » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:04 am

It never hurts to post any crappy spam that you get, 419 or anything else. When all the info is properly posted, it eventually gets indexed in search engines, including the sender IPs for these spam. Then I consider this: maybe a few reluctant recipients who bother to read 419 spam, google some of the text to see what the results are.

I say post as much as you have time and inclination for. :idea:

Just for casual readers: another good effort to note about 419: the AA419 volunteers (Artists against 419) try to get fraudulent domains shut down here. http://aa419.org/
meep
Spammers' Nightmare

Postby NotBuyingIt » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:01 pm

AlphaCentauri wrote:We all used to worry about nuclear annihilation.
I still worry about it some, only 1/1400 less than a few years ago.
Home is where the heart is / No matter how the heart lives.
NotBuyingIt
Spammer Killing Machine

Postby AlphaCentauri » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:34 pm

NotBuyingIt wrote:
AlphaCentauri wrote:We all used to worry about nuclear annihilation.
I still worry about it some, only 1/1400 less than a few years ago.

Yeah, it's obviously what we should be worrying about if we looked at the relative consequences; on the other hand, I find it encouraging that the people of the world have become so addicted to being able to communicate with each other across national borders that the two potential events are treated as comparable in any way.
AlphaCentauri

Postby issviews » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:36 pm

meep wrote:It never hurts to post any crappy spam that you get, 419 or anything else. When all the info is properly posted, it eventually gets indexed in search engines, including the sender IPs for these spam. Then I consider this: maybe a few reluctant recipients who bother to read 419 spam, google some of the text to see what the results are.

I say post as much as you have time and inclination for. :idea:

Thanks. I am sure that there will be those who may peruse this area or see it in a search and hopefully save an unfortunate soul from falling foul to the scammers. I would hope that someone, somewhere will dig deeper from my posts and maybe shut down the source or at least get more information to blacklist that senders IP and further email addresses. The only trouble is that there are so many disposable email addresses that they could go on for years creating new ones. As for the IPs, well, sooner or later they will simply move to another range and the ball starts rolling again. like with all crime conducted on the Internet, the only way to nip this in the bud is to make the punishment outweigh the gain and this has to be done against both the little man and the big fish. If enough countries worked together and dealt with this harshly, the criminals wioll soon get the message and we would see the threat decrease greatly. Trouble is, many that can make the difference within the government and police as often as corrupt as those comitting the crimes imo.
issviews

Postby kabo0m » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:57 am

side note, I like your forums. :)
kabo0m
Spam Reporter

Return to Advance-Fee Fraud [419 Fraud]