Yet another 419 fraud...

Any information or research into the rampant "Nigerian Scam" messages.

Yet another 419 fraud...

Postby manadude2 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:57 am

[hxxp://l.yimg.com/a/i/fr/pim/cal/email/ma_2.gif]
[hxxp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/pim/cal/email/gr/cal_em_invite_1.gif]
Vous êtes invité :: Waiting your positive response urgent!
Par votre hôte: Adams Philip

Date: mercredi 2 décembre 2009
Heure: 12h 00 - 13h 00 (GMT+00:00)
Rue: FROM Dr.Adams Philip ACCOUNTS & AUDIT DEPARTMENT,BANK OF AFRICA (BOA) OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO.ATTN:I am the head of Accounts and Audit Department of Bank of Africa, Ouagadougou.It is my utmost pleasure to send you this confidential message. In my search for a reliable business partner overseas, I got your contact in the internet and was impressed with your profile hence my interest in doing business with you. In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $ 7.5m US dollars (Seven million, five hundred thousand US dollars)In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his entire family on Monday,31 July, 2000 in a plane crash in Paris. Please visit this site that is one of the evidence the directors brought in other to swallow the money at the end of the day,hxxp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim. For more information's get back to me for more details through my private email address as follow (dr.adamsphilipx@live.fr) so that we can proceed without any further delay.Yours faithfully,Dr.Adams Philip Accounts & Audit Department,BANK OF AFRICA (BOA).

Viendrez-vous ? Répondre à cette invitation<hxxp://calendar.yahoo.com/dradamsphilip013?v=126&a1=0&iid=qhBH%40PdcIMz7%40EA82x%40lQRd%409cBfantGmxA3mFn%40Rav%40&igid=VxdEYLh%40qJkmaGQNPxAxECpdjrps%40kySMxBopCb%40dW1r%40vlG>
Copyright © 2009 Yahoo!<hxxp://www.yahoo.fr> Tous droits réservés. | Conditions d'utilisation<hxxp://fr.docs.yahoo.com/info/utos.html> | Données personnelles<hxxp://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/fr/>

Note: The webpage linked from this email is 9 years old.
manadude2

Re: Yet another 419 fraud...

Postby AlphaCentauri » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 am

Just to make sure everybody's clear, the website he's linking is the real BBC website. (Kudos to the BBC for leaving the news available instead of making people pay for archive searches.)

419 scammers do register some domains for themselves, but they're usually going to be the fake banks and fake shipping companies they'll use later once you've responded. They usually link to real news stories to try to deceive people in the first place.
AlphaCentauri
You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss!

Re: Yet another 419 fraud...

Postby markie_d » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:07 pm

You can have some real fun with these. Make sure you use an email account you can live without if it all goes belly up, have some fun making up names and use gmail as it does not show the headers which makes it hard to track you down, use a proxy server to hide your real location and NEVER EVER give out any real information.

If they ask you to telephone them, say you had an accident and are deaf so you cannot use a phone, if they ask you to SMS them the same accident blinded you, if they want to get onto an instant messenger the accident also cut your hands off and you have to type with your nose, keep giving them a little hope that you might be greedy and in a hurry, if they ask for a photocopy of your passport, find a nice big .dll file on your PC, rename it passport.jpg and email it to them, when they say they can't open it, tell them you can read it fine and it must be their computer...........the list is endless, see how far you can push it, but remember that the more time they spend on you, the less time they have to scam other people and if they go quiet on you, find another one.

2 final tips/words of warning
1. These people are scammers/criminals, nothing they ever tell you has a grain of truth in it.

2. Some of these scammers are serious organised criminals (quite rare as they have bigger fish to fry), so never give out any real information, not even your country of residence, if in any doubt, drop it like a hot brick and scramble the email account password so you can't get back in.

For more information and examples of the fun to be had, go to hXXp://www.thescambaiter.com
Let's make them work even harder for our money, that they are NOT going to get.
markie_d

Return to Advance-Fee Fraud [419 Fraud]