Facebook's Security Team Frustrates Cybercriminals

Any information or research into this very serious criminal activity.

Facebook's Security Team Frustrates Cybercriminals

Postby spamislame » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Via DarkReading.com:

http://www.darkreading.com/blog/archive ... ok_vi.html

The team seems to operate almost like a startup, while maintaining a long-term strategy: When called, they create immediate tactical solutions, like a special forces team. When responding to one of the first Koobface infections in 2007, they coded a solution overnight and removed malicious messages from millions of inboxes. I had the honor to coordinate the global incident response in that particular incident. Everyone involved, from antivirus vendors to ISPs, were happy with Facebook's responsiveness.

Unlike most security departments for large corporations, the Facebook security team is one of the first in the industry outside of service providers to bring the field of security operations to fruition. While many organizations have IDS experts and incident response personnel, their departments' main goal is usually risk analysis and policy. At Facebook, while these issues interest them, they are also much more technical.

Kind of a "non-article", but still interesting. I wish they'd gone into any kind of further detail. Weird.

SiL
spamislame
Site Admin

Re: Facebook's Security Team Frustrates Cybercriminals

Postby meep » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:41 pm

I agree it is an interesting find. Usually Gadi Evron's articles are pretty informative.
meep
Spammers' Nightmare

Return to Identity Theft and Carding