Domain registration

Any information or research into this very serious criminal activity.

Domain registration

Postby Knitter » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:57 pm

What is this about???
I had a domain, birthesoejberg.dk, but I didn't use it, so I stopped paying for it. Now I got this mail:
To whom it may concern : 2009-9-22
We are a domain name registration service company in Asia,
Yesterday, we received a formal application submited by Peter Lee who wanted to use the keyword "BIRTHESOEJBERG" to register the Internet Brand and with suffix such as .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/ .asia/ domain names.
After our initial examination, we found that these domain names to be applied for registration are same as your domain name and trademark. If you think that these domain names to be regisrated would produce possible dispute with you or effect your current businesss, you would contact us as soon as possible by Fax ,Telephone or Email to protect and register related domains names , otherwise we have to approve his regisration application without your any reply in the next 5 working days.
Yours sincerely

margaret
Checking Department
Tel: 86 513 8532 1087
Fax: 86 513 8532 2065
Email:margaret@jsntwifi.com.cn
Our File No.:2513966

I still have the domains soejberg.com, og birthesoejberg.com.
Knitter
Spam Observer

Re: Domain registration

Postby meep » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Chinese / Asian Registrar spammers. These spamming morons have been at this as far back as 2004. You don't get a high volume of them, just a few per year. :roll:
meep
Spammers' Nightmare

Postby AlphaCentauri » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:30 pm

They will send spam like that to everyone who owns any domain name. They are hoping you will pay to register the same name with as many different TLD's as possible to prevent other people from registering one first, like birthesoejberg.cn, birthesoejberg.com.cn, birthesoejberg.hk, birthesoejberg.net.cn. In reality, there is probably no one interested in registering them, as .cn domains aren't very valuable to people who auction domains, and I don't suppose there are a lot of people in China named Birthe Soejberg.
AlphaCentauri
You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss!

Postby Knitter » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:56 pm

It is a relief to know, that they cannot do any harm to my current domains. Thank you.
Knitter
Spam Observer

Return to Identity Theft and Carding