Benintelecoms.bj and mtn.bj - 419 scam isp

Spammers should not profit, so post information here that hits their pockets. There are many ways to fight spammers, and we have automation tools to combat them efficiently. These forums are moderated, but do not reflect the views of the hosting company, domain registrar, etc. By entering any of these forums, you agree that you cannot hold anyone liable for anything related in any way to these forums.

Benintelecoms.bj and mtn.bj - 419 scam isp

Postby spamislame » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:01 pm

Hello

For the past several months I've been coordinating with an abuse contact at Yahoo Mail to shut down Nigerian scammer accounts as quickly as possible. It's been an up and down affair, but somewhat effective.

Over the course of these reports, where possible, I've included the originating IP address of the scam message. In something approaching 60% of all the messages I report, the IP address ranges are owned by one of two Benin-based ISP's:

benintelecoms.bj
mtn.bj

I have attempted to contact this group for several months and they remain very much "in cahoots" with these scammers. They have no plans of shutting down this activity on their networks.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how to escalate this complaint since this violates international law and the ICANN regulations for ISP's?

Afrinic has remained completely unresponsive about this as well.

Thanks

SiL
spamislame
Site Admin

Re: Benintelecoms.bj and mtn.bj - 419 scam isp

Postby NotBuyingIt » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:46 pm

I've tried a little nudge. Other WOT users may wish to participate with their own ratings, but they may be opposing Symantec to some degree.

https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/mtn.bj/comment-77038193

Another nudge:

https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/beninte ... t-77038201
NotBuyingIt
Spammer Killing Machine

Return to Fight Spammers