CLOSING DOWN

This is transferred to the new board at http://fraudreports.prophpbb.com
Spammers should not profit, so post information here that hits their pockets.

CLOSING DOWN

Postby Red Dwarf » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:19 pm

This board will close down soon.

A replacement has been set up at

http://fraudreports.prophpbb.com

You can go there and register now.

Thank you for your participation, and we hope it will continue.
Red Dwarf
You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss!

Re: CLOSING DOWN

Postby spamislame » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:41 am

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to this team.

I believe it's a sign of the successes we've achieved that we're actually so light on content this past year or more. Spammers still exist, but it is far more difficult for them to run their business and keep things going, and the law with regards to email spam specifically is much harsher in most countries than it was when we started this forum in 2006.

I joined this the day of the Blue Frog attacks, which is when the core team behind InBoxRevenge (then the CarPC forum) started to assemble and strategize around topics like domain registrars, hosting companies, ISPs, "blackhat" marketing forums and spammer affiliate programs.

In the 11 years since then, much of the research this team has done has assisted in documenting evidence for ISPs and hosting companies to take action against "bad actor" malicious spammers who were previously operating with impunity and flooding every single email address with spam promoting all manner of (usually) illegal products.

We also assisted in the investigations, arrests, charging and in some cases convictions of career malicious spammers. In a small number of cases we even helped get some major pill spammers shut down entirely, most notably SanCash/GenBucks and the Spamit Russian pill spam operation.

So while it's a little sad to see this forum move on, I can't help but be inspired by the things we were able to achieve.

So: well done everybody. And thank you for speaking up about illegal, malicious, unwanted spam.

SiL / IKS / concerned citizen
spamislame
Site Admin

Return to Fight Spammers