Resurgence of old-school spam

This is transferred to the new board at http://fraudreports.prophpbb.com
Spammers should not profit, so post information here that hits their pockets.

Resurgence of old-school spam

Postby spamislame » Tue May 02, 2017 2:08 pm

Hello all.

Long, long time. :)

I just thought I'd mention that I'm suddenly seeing, for the first time in 10 years, a flood of spam of the type we saw when this forum first got started.

• Stock spam pushing QSMG (Interesting article about that one here.)
  • What appear to be some resurgence of SanCash type pill sites pushing something called "Super Brainboost" (hacked servers redirecting to "brainstimulate.asia")
  • What I assume to be a stimul-cash campaign pushing the site "stock-sale.name"
  • A ridiculous pyramid-scheme type "get rich quick" campaign using hacked redirects pushing to "takeyouprofit.biz"

Am I the only one? (Probably not.)

Not at all clear how they're sending them. The redirects so far are all hosted on GoDaddy servers which appear to have just been set up but not configured by whoever ordered them. Someone has top-level access to a variety of servers at GoDaddy and other hosting providers (hot tip: NEVER use GoDaddy. Their security is frikkin' terrible.)

I welcome any insights. I have a feeling this could be some former lacky of Alan Ralsky's, or perhaps Ralsky himself again. Just a feeling I have. The way the messages are templated, the methods used to redirect, etc.

SiL
spamislame
Site Admin

Re: Resurgence of old-school spam

Postby NotBuyingIt » Sun May 07, 2017 8:41 pm

spamislame wrote:[*]What I assume to be a stimul-cash campaign pushing the site "stock-sale.name"

stock-sale.name currently hosts a Canadian Pharmacy online pharmacy scam on its homepage. A screen shot by Hurricane Electric indicates that the site is pushing a different sort of stimulus than you may have thought.
NotBuyingIt
Spammer Killing Machine

Re: Resurgence of old-school spam

Postby Red Dwarf » Sun May 07, 2017 9:02 pm

It is the one identified at http://fraud-reports.wikia.com/wiki/-Canadian-Pharmacy-

It uses a contact number which, according to Google searches, is associated with IRS and other frauds, including University essays
Phone: +1-844-241-14-68 Working hours: 9 :00 am - 11 :00 pm Eastern Time Zone (ET UTC-05:00)

They answer as "Online Support Services" for a range of customers, including online pharmacies.
Red Dwarf
You are kiillllling-a my bizinisss!

Return to Fight Spammers